These cupcakes make for the perfect tea-time treat! So make yourself a hot cuppa and indulge in this decadent delight.
- Make a ‘rooibos syrup’, by combining the Rooibos teabags, cream and honey in a small saucepan and bringing to the boil
- Turn the heat down and allow to simmer very gently for about 20 minutes or until the cream is completely infused with the tea. The mixture should be darkish and thickened.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat the butter with the Rooibos mix until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the sifted icing sugar and beat until creamy. If it’s too thick, add some milk.
- Spread on to the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!