Method - Crust
- Preheat oven to 205°C.
- Prepare pie tin with a loose bottom.
- Lightly press the crust into pie tin.
- Dock the pastry with a fork and coat with a layer of uncooked beans to prevent from rising.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes. After 10 mins, remove beans and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Set aside.
Method - Filling
- Add milk, teabags, butter, and nutmeg in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- In another bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Remove teabags from milk mixture. Slowly whisk the milk into the flour mixture.
- Return back to saucepan and whisk.
- Stir for about 5-6 minutes until custard is thick, smooth and cooked through.
- Pass custard through a sieve to make sure there are no lumps. Pour mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve chilled.