- 2 tsp Laager Rooibos tea leaves (open bags & remove dry leaves)
- 7 tsp Butter, softened
- 6 tsp Icing sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 6 tsp Almonds, finely ground (optional)
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar.
- Once combined, mix in the egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl – combine the flour, ground almonds and Laager Rooibos tea.
- Once mixed, add the dry mix to the creamed mix and stir until the texture resembles a ball of dough.
- Place the bowl of dough in the fridge for half an hour.
- Remove dough from fridge and lightly sprinkle your tabletop with some flour.
- Roll the dough out to about 2cm thickness (remember the dough will rise).
- Using a heart shape cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes and place onto a baking tray lined with baking sheet or make sure it’s greased.
- Place the tray in the heated oven and bake the biscuits for between 9 and 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Serve with a cup of Laager Rooibos Tea.