|2 TBSP||Garlic and ginger, grated|
Lemon grass, finely grated
|1 tsp||Curry paste|
|400 g||Coconut milk|
|6 bags||Laager Rooibos Tea|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce|
GARNISH: Coriander, red chilies, shaved coconut, salt and pepper
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper, then heat 1 TBSP oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Sear salmon (skin side up) for 1 minute, then turn and sear the other side. Set aside in another plate – it should still be raw.
- Turn the heat down to low, add the rest of the oil and fry the garlic, ginger and lemon grass for 1 minute.
- Add honey and cook for 20 seconds, then add curry paste, coconut milk and the 6 Laager Rooibos teabags.
- Simmer for 5 - 7 minutes until the teabags have infused the liquid.
- Place the salmon back into the sauce and simmer for 4 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked.
- Remove the teabags with a slotted spoon and then remove the salmon.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with soy sauce.
To serve: set the salmon on top of a bed of rice or noodles, spoon over the sauce and garnish – enjoy!