Who doesn't enjoy a hearty stew or soup? Throw out your store bought stock and make your own! You will never buy stock from the store again once you give this homemade stock a go.
- 1,75 litres (7 cups) water
- 8 Laager Rooibos teabags
- Chicken backbone and neck or you could use the whole chicken
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- Add all the ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain the stock and discard the solids. Let it chill uncovered until it goes cold then freeze it into cubes in an ice tray.