Method - Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet.
- Spread drained chickpeas on absorbent paper and dry them.
- In a bowl, mix chickpeas and oil together. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and crispy to the touch. In a bowl, mix all the spices and herbs as well as the rooibos syrup. Mix with the chickpeas until evenly coated. Adjust seasoning. Place on a baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Enjoy as a snack.
Method - Rooibos Simple Syrup
- In a saucepan, bring the water, sugar and teabags to a boil for a minute. Reduce to a simmer until the syrup is reduced to half.
- Remove the teabags. Leave syrup to cool