Tetley Apple-flavoured Cheesecake -garnished with Candied Apples
- 2 cups ginger biscuit crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Line ramekins or parfait glasses with biscuit crumbs and set aside
- 1 lemon, juice & rind
- 7g granular gelatine
- 2 tubs cream cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cream (not whipped)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine evenly over lemon juice. Let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds until hot and whisk until dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Greek yogurt and beat until combined.
- Add gelatine mixture, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar and beat until combined.
- Add cream and beat on low until combined, then beat on high for 3-5 minutes until fluffy and thickened (the mixture should hold stiff peaks on the beaters).
- Pour filling into ramekins lined with crust, cover and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours.
- 125ml apple juice
- 45ml sugar
- 15ml cornflour
- 4Tetley Apple-flavoured Green tea teabags
- Bring apple juice, sugar & tea bags to boil, allow to steep for 30 minutes then remove the tea bags
- Add the corn flour and stir until thickened, allow to cool.
- Spread over cheesecake.
Candied baby apples:
- 250 ml sugar
- 213g baby apples with stems, drain and gently pat dry (1 small tin drained mass)
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar over low heat until melted, then cook over gentle heat until golden in colour (sugar caramelises).
- Dip apples into caramel, coating well.
- Place apples on a plate to cool.
- Garnish the cheese cake with candied baby apples.