Recipe by Tebo & Lebo Ndala
- Heat up the coal in your outdoor grill. Keep the temperature at 200°C.
- Place the smoke chips and Laager Rooibos tea leaves in a baking pan. Place pan directly on the hot coals, and place a wire rack on top of the pan.
- Take a second baking sheet, layer it with foil, and spread the salt evenly over the foil.
- Place the pan on top of the wrack and close the outdoor grill. Smoke for a minimum of 3 hours, stirring the salt every 30 mins.
- Once completed, store the salt in a sealed container.
- Perfect for seasoning meats, salads and veg to add a Rooibos flavour, and the perfect gift for a loved one on Father’s Day!