Recipe by Tebo & Lebo Ndala
- Heat milk in the microwave for 45 seconds until warm. Add in the yeast and stir gently. Leave it to sit for 5-10 minutes, till foamy.
- In a mixer, beat together the yeast mix, cold tea, eggs, butter, sugar and salt till combined.
- Switch to dough hook, gradually add in the flour until a soft ball forms.
- Knead for 4 minutes. Place into a clean-oiled bowl and cover. Allow dough to double in size (about 1 hour).
- On a floured surface, roll dough out to ½ inch thick. Using a doughnut cutter, cut dough into donut shapes.
- Place donuts on a lined baking tray. Cover with clean kitchen towel and leave to rise another hour.
- Heat oil to 175-180°C in deep pot. Fry donuts about 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove carefully and drain onto a paper towel.
- To serve, dip donuts in the glaze and set them on a rack.