Recipe by Tebo & Lebo Ndala
- Roast the red peppers and garlic in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 200°C.
- Once peppers and garlic are cooked and slightly charred on the outside, leave to cool for 5 mins.
- In a pan, add in the loose rooibos tea leaves and cumin. Roast for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Peel red peppers and de-seed. Squeeze the garlic out of their skin.
- In a blender, add the red peppers, garlic cloves, almonds and walnuts, cumin, Rooibos tea leaves, paprika, cayenne pepper and olive oil.
- Blend till smooth. Add lemon juice and season. Add more olive oil if too thick and blend well.
- Spoon the dip onto a bowl. Garnish with roasted nuts and pomegranate rubies.
- Serve with crudité platter, crackers, chips or bread.