This simple coconut and green tea ice cream has a rich infusion that we just can’t get enough of! Not only is it super tasty, it is also dairy-free and vegan.
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat and just before it starts to boil, remove it from the heat.
- Steep the teabags in the heated almond milk for 5 – 7 minutes (depending on your preferred strength) before squeezing each teabag to extract as much of the milky green tea as possible.
- Next, whisk in the organic sugar until it has dissolved.
- Add in the coconut milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large glass bowl or measuring cup and let it sit until it reaches room temperature. Once cooled, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in your ice cream maker according to the churner directions (see below if you do not have an ice cream maker)
- Enjoy right away as a soft serve or you can pack it into an airtight container and freeze to enjoy later.
If you do not have an ice cream churner, follow these steps below:
- Pour the chilled mix from the refrigerator into a deep plastic or stainless-steel bowl.
- Place it in the freezer and let it sit for 45 minutes before checking on it. As it starts to freeze, remove it from the freezer and stir the mix with a whisk. Be sure you mix it well before placing it back into the freezer.
- Check on the mix every 30 minutes, stirring well as it starts freezing. For the best result you can use a hand mixer or stick-blender.
- The process is likely to take up to 3 hours, mixing it every 30 minutes until the ice cream is frozen.
*If you are not vegan but would still like to make this recipe, you can swap the almond milk out for full cream milk.