- Place the cream, teabags and ¼ cup of sugar into a saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Increase the heat to medium and bring to just below boiling point. Remove from heat and leave it to stand for 1 hour.
- Strain the infused cream through a sieve into a clean saucepan, pressing down on the tea bags to extract all the flavour. Return to medium heat and bring to just below boiling point and then remove from heat.
- Beat the yolks and remaining ¾ cup of sugar with an electric beater until thick and pale.
- Stir the hot cream mixture into the yolk mixture, then return to a clean saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5-6 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and has a custard like texture.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap and leave it to chill.
- Whisk the additional cream until soft peaks start to form, then fold it into the cooled custard.
- Place in an airtight container and freeze until needed.
- Serve in parfait bowls and garnish with mint leaves and green melon.
If you don’t have an ice cream churner, alternatively, pour the mixture into a shallow container and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen at edges. Beat with electric beaters, then refreeze. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Transfer to a plastic container and freeze until firm.