- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced to make about 4 teaspoons
- 24 chicken wings
- 6 spring onions, sliced fine
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup of Tetley Pure Green Tea leaves (cut open a teabag and decant the tea leaves into the cup)
- Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Place the chicken wings in a medium bowl and pour the marinade mix over it. Let the chicken wings marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and set it aside to use as a basting while you cook. Heat up a wok or large frying pan, place a drop of oil in the pan and fry them until they have cooked through.
- Once cooked, serve with a side of rice or salad -enjoy!
*Enjoy at your next braai!
*Marinade the chicken in the fridge overnight for more flavour.