Method - For the Caramel
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar and water. Heat on medium low heat until the sugar has dissolved and turned golden brown.
- Remove from heat and distribute the caramel between 4 large ramekins.
Method - For the Custard
- Preheat the oven to 150C/305F.
- Combine the sugar and almond milk and Tetley mint flavoured green teabags in the same saucepan, heat until the sugar has dissolved and the milk is steaming. Once it comes to a boil remove the tea bags.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the eggs and vanilla add the milk to the eggs, whisking gently as you pour.
- Once combined pour the mixture slowly through a fine meshed sieve
- Then portion the mixture between the 4 ramekins. Then fill a baking tray ¼ of the way up with boiling water.
- Place the ramekins in the tray and bake for 45-50 minutes (the time will vary depending on your mould)
- Remove ramekins when the custard has set on the outer edges and the centre is still slightly jiggly. Cool and refrigerate overnight, minimum 4 hours.
- To serve run the edges of the ramekin in hot water, then run a knife around the top edge of the pudding
- Turn the ramekin upside down on your serving plate, and while holding the ramekin down on the plate give it few big shakes to ease the pudding out. Top with coconut cream, fresh berries and a sprig of mint.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and Pictures credit: @ataleofsauceandspice