Recipe by Mira Weiner
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 large muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make the chia ‘egg’ by mixing together the ground chia seeds and water in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, add the gluten free flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar and pink Himalayan salt. Mix well. Add the baking soda and pour the apple cider vinegar directly onto the baking soda so that it foams to activate.
- Make the cup of green tea.
- In a separate bowl, add cocoa powder and green tea together. Mix well and let it cool off slightly. Then add the coconut oil, plant based milk and vanilla extract. Mix together. Add the chia ‘eggs’ to the wet ingredients and mix well. You may need a whisk for this part.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently combine and mix together.
- Scoop about half a cup of the mixture into either a muffin tin tray or silicon muffin cups. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before icing.
- To make the icing, combine all the ingredients into a blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth and creamy. Place the icing into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Once the muffins have cooled. Place the icing into a piping bag and ice the muffins.
- Enjoy immediately with your favourite cup of Tetley tea.