Tetley Tea Infused Biscotti
- 3 Tetley teabags, cut open and the contents emptied out
- 1/3 cup of butter, softened
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cups of sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, lightly grease an extra-large cookie sheet and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add in the sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla essence until combined. Add in the Tetley Tea loose leaves and the flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the almonds.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, divide it into three equal portions and shape each portion into a long roll. Place each roll a few centimetres apart on the prepared baking sheet, flatten each rolls slightly until about 5cm wide.
- Place them in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or just until bottoms and edges have turned golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 160 degrees.
- Transfer the rolls to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut each roll diagonally into about 1cm thick slices.
- Place each slice, cut side down, on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake for a further 8 minutes more or until slices are crisp and golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack, let cool and enjoy.