Rooibos and Nutella Bread and Butter Pudding
- 25g Butter
- 8 Thin slices of bread
- 2 Tbs cinnamon powder
- 350ml whole milk
- 4 Rooibos tea bags
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Granulated sugar
- 1/2C Nutella
- 2 Fresh apricots, diced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a pie dish with butter.
- Cut the crusts oﬀ the bread. Spread each slice with Nutella on one side and with butter on the other side then cut into triangles.
- Arrange a layer of bread, buttered side up, in the bottom of the dish, then add a layer of apricots.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon the repeat the layer of bread and apricots sprinkling with cinnamon again, until you have used up all of the bread.
- Finish with a layer of bread, then set aside.
- Gently warm the milk and Rooibos Tea bags in a pan over a low heat to scalding point. Don’t let it boil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add three quarters of sugar and lightly whisk until pale.
- Strain out the teabags and then add the warm milk and stir well, then strain the custard into a bowl.
- Pour the custard over the prepared bread layers and sprinkle with remaining sugar and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the custard has set and the top is golden-brown.
- Serve with custard or ice-cream