Tea4Kidz Infused Fruit Rolls
Homemade is always better! Free from artificial colourants and less sugar â€“ these Tea4Kidz infused fruit rolls will be hit.
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 Strawberry flavoured Tea4Kidz teabags
- Â¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 cups of strawberries
- Drop in the Strawberry flavoured Tea4Kidz teabags into a cup and pour in the boiling water. Let the teabags steep for 5 minutes before removing the teabag.
- Preheat the oven to 90 °C. In a medium sized pan, add in the cup of tea and sugar. Stir continuously over medium heat for 7 minutes. The mix should reduce by half and turn into a syrup like texture.
- Using a food processor, puree the strawberries. Add the strawberry puree and lemon juice to the tea syrup and let it simmer for 25 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Spread the thickened strawberry mix evenly onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper or tin foil. Be sure to spread the mix out thinly across the baking tray. Bake in the oven over a low heat for 3 - 4 hours until the mix is no longer gooey.
- Transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled, peel the strawberry mix off the baking tray.
- Lay the strawberry mix down on a piece of wax paper, and gently roll it up.
- If you like you can swop the Strawberry for Peach and Apricot flavoured Tea4Kidz and the strawberries for mango.
- Once you have removed the strawberry mix from cooling, if you find it is still moist and gooey, you can place it back in the oven for 15 â€“ 20 minutes. Be sure to place it upside down.
- Get creative and cut strips of coloured wax paper and the fruit roll into the same thickness. Roll it up and use a piece string to seal it.
- You can swop the sugar for xylitol or honey.