Give your tofu dish a Tetley twist with this super simple marinade.
- 2 Tetley teabags
- 400g of extra firm tofu
- 180ml of boiled water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ½ a teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the tofu from the packaging, wrap it in a dish towel and place a heavy object on top of it for 10 minutes. This will push out any excess water it may hold.
- Add your Tetley teabags to the boiled water and let it steep for 3 - 5 minutes. Remove the teabags and add in the soy sauce, ginger and garlic to the tea.
- Unwrap the tofu from the towel and cut it into 10 - 12 even slices. Place the pieces into a casserole dish and cover it with the tea mix.
- Let the tofu marinade in the casserole dish for about two hours. Be sure to flip the tofu pieces over halfway through the time.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the tofu pieces on a lightly greased baking tray or baking sheet. Bake the tofu for 25-30 minutes until the tofu goes golden brown and firm.
- Serve right away with a fresh salad or roasted vegetables.