- Bring the water, sugar, Tetley Black teabags and cardamom pods to a boil.
- Trim the wax paper to be able to fit over the top of the pot with a hole in the middle cut out.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, place the pears into the pot and place the trimmed wax paper over the pot and allow to simmer for 15 mins.
- Once the pears are tender, remove the pot from the heat and the pears from the poaching liquid, using a slotted spoon.
- Place the poaching liquid back on the stove and allow to reduce, until the liquid has become a syrup consistency.
- Serve the pears with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and a dusting of freeze-dried coconut shavings, drizzled with the poaching liquid.
- Toasted Nuts can be used as a substituted for coconut shavings
- Vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche can be used as a substitute for coconut yogurt