Give your festive feast a Tetley twist with our pork loin glaze and blackberry sauce. Keep the roast moist by continuously basting with the Tetley tea glaze during cooking, then serve with a delicious blackberry tea sauce.
For the glaze:
- In a medium size saucepan bring the water and sugar to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat, add in the teabags, thyme and zest from the lemons. Let it steep for 30 minutes before straining the mixture.
- Over a medium heat, reduce the liquid until just over a cup remains. This should take around 30-35 minutes to reduce.
- While the tea mixture is reducing, preheat your oven to 180 °C.
- Place your pork loin in a casserole dish, brush the tea glaze over your pork and place it in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes or until cooked. Continue to baste the pork every 10 minutes while cooking.
For the blackberry sauce:
- While the pork is roasting, saute the onions until soft for 3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of the blackberries, the chicken broth and reserved tea reduction. Simmer the mix for 3 minutes or until the blackberries begin to soften.
- Whisk together the vinegar and cornstarch, add it to the sauce and whisk until it begins to thicken. Be sure to squish the blackberries while whisking to help them break down.
- Add in the remaining blackberries and season it with salt and pepper
- When your pork loin is ready, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the roasted pork loin topped with the blackberry sweet tea sauce or in a dish on the side.