We've given a traditional mushroom risotto a Tetley twist! Packed with loads of flavour, this dish will soon become a new dinner time favourite.
- 3 cups of water
- 4 Tetley Black teabags
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. Creme fraiche
- 1 ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat, drop in the Tetley teabags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the teabags and add in the vegetable broth.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the mushrooms and saute for 6 - 7 minutes or until they have browned. Stir in the fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper. Remove the mushrooms from the pot and place them in a bowl.
- Using the same pot, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add in the onion and garlic. Let it soften, stirring continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the risotto rice until well combined. Add in the wine and stir well until the wine has evaporated. Once evaporated, slowly stir in the tea infused vegetable stock a cup at a time until it has been absorbed by the risotto rice. Keep stirring for 20 - 25 minutes until the rice is al dente.
- Once well combined, add in the 2 tablespoons of butter, crme fraiche, parmesan cheese and the saute ed mushrooms. Mix until well combined before serving enjoy!
- Depending on the type of risotto rice you use, you may need to add in slightly more or less broth. Slowly add in the tea infused broth to ensure that you do not add in too much.
- Do a taste test throughout to determine whether you need more seasoning.