Recipe by @ataleofsauceandspice
- In a bowl sift together the cake flour, corn flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and Tetley lemon tea bag, mix and let steep for 5 minutes, remove the tea bag squeezing out all the tea flavours. Add this tea infused lemon juice to a jug along with yogurt and vanilla essence, whisk together and set it aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer whisk together the lemon zest and sugar on low speed until nice and aromatic.
- Add in the softened butter and beat until light and pale in colour.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until well incorporated.
- Now add the flour mixture and the yogurt mixture in 3 parts, alternating between the two. Mix at a very low speed. Mix until the batter is nice smooth and thick. Do not over mix. You may do this step by hand with a rubber spatula too.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C until 15-46 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Pour the icing over the cake while the cake is still hot. Let it set and cool completely before serving.
- Decorate with fresh berries, lemon slices and a sprig of mint. Enjoy.