- Pour boiling water into a slow cooker and then place the Tetley Premium Black tea bags in the water. Allow them to steep for 5 minutes whilst it's covered.
- Remove the tea bags, add in the cranberry juice, sugar, orange, cinnamon, cloves and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours, or on high for 1 - 2 hours.
- Remove the orange slices and cinnamon sticks with a slotted spoon.
- Optional glass sugaring: wet the outside of your serving glasses with a fresh lemon wedge and fill a bowl with super-fine sugar. Whilst holding the glass parallel to the table, dab the rim into the sugar whilst slowly turning the glass so that only the outer edge is covered. Shake off any excess sugar. Add the desired amount of rum to the bottom of glass, if using.
- Pour the spiced tea into the sugar rimmed glasses and serve immediately.