For the broth
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil and steep the TetleyTea for 5 minutes.
For the soup
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add in the onion, carrot, potatoes and butternut. Leave it to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the Tetley black tea broth to the large pot with the cooked vegetables, make sure there is enough liquid to cover all the vegetables,add a handful of fresh herbs (thyme and sage) and let it steep.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let the soup simmer until all the vegetables have softened.
- Once the soup is cooked, use a stick blender and blendthe soup until the consistency is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, pour into individual bowls and enjoy.
Have you got it at home?