Recipe by Lebo and Tebo Ndala
Method - Blueberry simple syrup
- In a saucepan, heat 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 10 minutes while breaking the blueberries with a fork.
- Strain the syrup to get rid of the chunks.
- Allow the syrup to cool down.
Method - Bubble tea
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the teabag and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the teabag and allow the tea to cool to room temperature before cooling in the fridge.
- In a jar, add the chilled tea, milk and blueberry syrup and mix well. Add the fresh blueberries and ice and enjoy chilled with a larger straw.