Tetley Couscous Salad
Give your couscous dish a Tetley twist with this simple recipe.
- 1 cup of Tetley tea
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese, crumbed
- 1 cup of cooked lentils (optional)
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas (optional)
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of plain Greek yoghurt
- Fresh juice from ½ a lemon
- ¼ a cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smoothe.
- Decant the dressing into an airtight jar and let it cool in the fridge
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, place them on a baking tray and season them with salt and pepper. Bake the cherry tomatoes in your oven for 10 minutes.
- Make a cup of Tetley tea with no added sugar or milk. In a medium size bowl, add in the couscous and pour in the tea. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and let it sit for 5 - 7 minutes. Once the couscous has absorbed all the tea, use a fork and stir the couscous.
- When your couscous is ready, mix in the cooked lentils, chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or as a side to your meat dish.
Couscous salad is such a versatile dish, you can add almost anything to it! It can be served as a side dish or you can pop some in your lunch box for work. This dish can be made in bulk and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.