Laager Rooibos Pancake Cake
|8 teabags||Laager Rooibos|
|1 TBSP||Vanilla essence|
Pink food colouring for ½ the batter
|3 tubs||Cream cheese|
|5 TBSP||Strawberry yoghurt|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
Strawberries for garnish
Dusting of icing sugar
- In a saucepan, warm the milk and the teabags until infused. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and then cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla essence.
- Sift the ﬂour and baking powder into the wet mixture, then blend together until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Divide batter into two bowls. Colour one bowl of batter with a few drops of pink colouring and mix until combined.
- Use a non-stick pan to make the pancakes. Heat a little ofthe oil or use cooking spray on the pan, then fry the pancakes.
- For the icing, blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread icing over each pancake once cooled and then stack on top of each other, alternating colours – pink and white.
- Ice the top of the pancake stack and garnish with fresh strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Slice and serve.